HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Butterfly Garden In A Vintage Skate

Hello friends!  I just want to let you know up front...that I have been playing with  my "Tinker Toys" again!  LOL!  I was looking through my Graphic 45, "Olde Curiousity Shoppe" collection and found the perfect inspiration for my newest project.  "Butterfly Garden In A Vintage Skate".
Here's a peek at the paper that inspired me :)
The Vintage skate is beautiful with the ever so vivid peacock feathers.  So, here's where I began the journey with my Tinker Toys!  I had a ceramic shoe, peacock feathers, moss, G45 Butterflies, Embossing Powder, paint, Tinker Toys, and a vintage typewriter (YES!  That is what the tinker toy skates are attached to...a piece from a typewriter.
Tinker Toy Close Up
Butterfly Garden Close Up
The little rollers for the skates.  I've used G45, Metal Brads in the center of each roller.
Painted balck and embossed using, Rich Gold Pale by WOW!
So, there you have it!  My Altered Mind never rests :)






15 comments:

Becky Dunham said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic!! Hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

another wow from me Jan, this is fabulous and so loving that wonderful boot. x

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is just amazing,the detail is fantastic,hugs Cherylxxxx

Heather Lynn said...

What will you come up with next?! So awesome!! :)

Dawnll said...

Oh my word this is amazing!!!It really has tinker toys...lol
I love this piece

Micupoftea said...

wow, unique! Great imagination. HAPPY Spring~

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic project Jan and lots of lovely creative ideas as usual. Really love it.

Jan, out of interest, on your travels, have you ever seen a vintage skate stamp??

Regards Florence xx

Audrey Pettit said...

No, your altered mind certainly never rests, Jan. I just don't know how you keep coming up with such unique and clever ideas. This is SO cool. Brilliant wheels you created from Tinker Toys here.

Eniko said...

Jan, this is FAB!!!! You are just getting more and more creative every time you start "tinkering"! So excited about your Graphic 45 DT finalist status! I didn't try this year...I've been having fun at Let's Scrap. All the best! Keep 'm coming!

Terry said...

Well a gal can never receive enough WOW's, so how about another!! WoW! Enjoy the weekend!

Createology said...

This is gorgeous and I really love those vivid peacock feathers. Super clever rollers. Amazing Altered Mind my dear...

Femmy said...

this is fabulous!! what a great idea!!

1CardCreator said...

O my Jan we are so lucky you never rest! This is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

WOW I saw this on the G45 Ning site and it is fantastic! Very imaginative!